The Association was formed in 2010, following a Slough Borough Councils “Neighbourhood Working” initiative. It was a community led campaign to improve and to support the community in solving its own problems in its own way.
We all want to be proud of our community and make it a better place to live and work. We also want to be proud of the neighbourhood we live in and have a say in making it a better place. The Neighbourhood Working project brings a new way of working more closely with residents to find out what our concerns are about:
- where we live
- how we would like it be improved
- the facilities we would like in their neighbourhood
- how we can all do things that will make a difference
The Community Association was Colnbrook’s response to this initiative and we included businesses in our membership they are a very important part of our community.
We want to make sure that we have:
- An Increased satisfaction with our neighbourhood
- Community involvement in making decisions about services and facilities.
- Community influence over how funding is spent
- More people getting involved – civic participation
- Increased pride in our community
The Association is currently very involved, together with our partners, in setting up the Colnbrook Youth Club which now has 60 signed up members.
We have held various community events, the last being the Summer Fair and we assist in the organisation of the annual Apple Fair together with the Scouts as lead group, together with other village groups, and local businesses.
We have also assisted residents, the police and SBC in Anti Social Behaviour issues in various parts of our community; area cleans up’s; fund raising activities; improvements to Westfield Hall; local and national government consultations; improvements to St Thomas’ Church; gaining the SQP quality award; publishing members newsletters; and much more.
Membership for both residents and businesses is free so why not sign up now?